Welcome! To join, shop for an individual membership then either log in with an existing profile or create a new one prior to checkout. Contact Member Services at firstname.lastname@example.org, 888-466-1996 ext. 1 for assistance.
The Value of GMN Membership
Today’s grants managers are asked to be experts in process, policy, program, legal, accounting, evaluation, communications, data, and technology—all while providing excellent customer service to grantseekers, staff, and leadership.
That’s a lot for any person to manage, but the good news is Grants Managers Network (GMN) is here to help with:
- A learning program that connects members to what they need to know, when they need to know it, and how they want to learn it so they achieve the core competencies required to expertly manage grants.
- Proven practices that bring added effectiveness, efficiency, and transparency to grantmaking.
- Connections to colleagues and the organizations they represent so they can learn from each other and work together to advance the field.
Anyone currently employed by a grantmaking organization who holds responsibility for grants management or a portion of grants management activities is eligible to join GMN.
If that doesn’t describe you, find out more about membership eligibility.
Individual members receive:
- Access to GMN’s online community that links you to the combined knowledge of more than 2,800 grants professionals.
- Invitations to a variety of education and networking events including local chapter meetings, Annual Conference, webinars, and workshops.
- Subscription to the GMN Insider newsletter, which shares informative, convenient, and timely news and trends to help grants professionals stay current on industry issues.
- Quarterly issues of the GMNsight Journal— the professional publication written by and for grants professionals with input from industry experts.
- Periodic salary and job benefits report, technology guides, and other related resources and publications on grantmaking.
There is no fee required to join as an individual member. The wealth of resources provided by GMN are funded by contributions from individuals and organizations that have committed to doing their part to support the profession.
Dues-paying organization members receive special access to these events and advance previews of our newest resources. Review the complete list of Benefits of Belonging (PDF), which include:
- Connections with Colleagues: Turn to other members for advice, brainstorming, and discussions of current and emerging issues
- Learning Program: Receive discounts and free access to GMN’s learning program designed to meet the needs of grants management professionals at all levels and career paths
- News: Be informed of breaking news, changes in the field, emerging issues, and everything grants management
- Reports and Publications: Receive GMN publications and benchmarking resources at no cost.
- Leadership Opportunities: True to our core values, GMN is member driven and member led—our volunteers gain practical experience in leadership; people, project, and financial management as they create and implement the work of the organization.
Membership Terms and Conditions
To protect our members and proprietary information, GMN requests that individual members review and agree to certain terms and conditions as part of their membership.
Questions? For further information, contact Member Services via e-mail or phone: (888) GMN-1996 ext. 1 or email@example.com
- Individuals employed by grantmaking organizations, including nontraditional grantmakers whose primary function and activity is charitable grantmaking to individuals or organizations
- Individuals employed by funder networks and philanthropy infrastructure groups
- Professors and researchers (but not students) at accredited universities or research institutions whose primary focus of research or teaching is philanthropy or philanthropy-related studies
- Previously eligible voting members who, because of a change in employment status (i.e., laid off but seeking a new position in the field), would otherwise be ineligible to remain members
- Retired members who are interested in remaining connected to the profession
Contact us for more details.
(Note: Industry vendors are not eligible for membership in GMN.)