GM101 is GMN’s exclusive training workshop designed for professionals who are new to their role in grants management. This includes professionals with backgrounds in accounting, technology systems, program management, and other relevant areas.
GM101 On the Road
GMN’s popular GM101 workshop will be held as a pre-conference workshop on March 19, 2017.
- Welcome & Introductions
- Grants Management: An Overview
- De-mystifying 501(c)(3)s
- The Grantmaking Process
- View from the Field: Q & A
- The Grantmaking Environment
- Continuous Learning
Where Diverse Disciplines Meet
Grants management is often the department where program, finance, communications, application, approval and administrative functions overlap. Grants managers perform a diverse set of tasks and maintain a wide range of professional relationships to ensure high quality grants administration across programs. This integrated day of training:
- Provides a basic understanding of grants management within grantmaking organizations.
- Builds awareness of the philanthropic context in which grantmaking takes place including types of grantmakers and grantees.
- Suggests best practices for grants managers to adopt.
- Builds an understanding of grantmaking’s legal and regulatory landscape.
- Shares ways to assess the health and financial sustainability of prospective grantees.
- Outlines the internal administrative and tracking processes that support a grantmaking cycle.
- Frames grants management as a profession and offers some suggestions for networking, skill building, learning, and development.
- Provides opportunities for networking and learning from peers.