2012 Conference: Selected Procedings
One of our favorite "complaints" about our annual conference is that there are too many great sessions happening at the same time. We also recognize that not everyone who wants to come to the conference is able. To address this, we've created brief recaps of 27 of the 48 sessions at the 2012 conference.
To view a sample summary, click here.
To purchase these summaries for $150, click here.
GMN's Contributing Organization Members and 2012 conference attendees received complimentary copies of the summaries. To receive another copy, contact us at 1-888-GMN-1996 or info [at-sign] gmnetwork [dot] org.
Please join us in thanking Kaiser Permanente and The California Endowment for supporting the development of these summaries.
The sessions summarized are:
LEARNING TRACK: EMERGING PRACTICES
- Assessing Your Grantmaking Practices
- International Grantmaking: Trends in the Field
- New Financing Structures for Nonprofits
- Social Justice Grants Management
- Storytelling with Data Part 1: Visualizing Philanthropy
- The Potential of Community Information Systems to Deepen Grantmaker Impact
LEARNING TRACK: GRANTMAKING
- Building Logic Models
- From Start-up to Grown-up Part 1: Funding Nonprofits at Different Stages
- From Start-up to Grown-up Part 2: Adapting Your Practices to Support Nonprofits
- Legal 201: Advocacy Grantmaking
- Providing Technical Assistance to Applicants and Grantees
- Using Theories of Change for Effective Grantmaking: When, How and Why
LEARNING TRACK: GRANTS MANAGEMENT
- Accounting Treatment of Various Grant Scenarios
- Building Less Burdensome Applications
- Capturing and Reporting Evaluation Data
- Giving Globally: Best Practices in International and Other Non-Traditional Giving
- How to Prepare for an Audit
- Investing in Grants Management
- Outcomes! We Did It…Now What
- Understanding the 990-PF
LEARNING TRACK: PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Communications: Moving to the Next Level
- Fearless, Not Shameless, Networking
- Growing Up, Not Out, of Your Job
- Making Great Ideas Happen
LEARNING TRACK: TECHNOLOGY
- Board Books Online: Paperless and On the Go
- Selecting and Implementing Integrated Grants Management Systems in 2012: The Promises and Pitfalls
- What Cloud Computing Can Do For You and Your Grantees