The Director grows GMN’s national network of grants management professionals and engages those members in the network to realize GMN’s mission to advance grantmaking so that grantmakers and grantseekers can best achieve their missions. S/he is acts as an advocate for members and serves as the subject matter expert on all areas of membership recruitment, engagement, retention, and value proposition development. S/he designs GMN’s member engagement and retention strategies that are rooted in data and driven by member input. The Director also oversees GMN regional chapter activities, a critical member engagement activity as well as our volunteer program which works with more than 200 volunteers each year to ensure GMN remains an organization driven by members, for members. The Director supervises staff responsible for member operations, customer service, and chapter relations.
Duties, Responsibilities, and Authority
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Increases member engagement and retains members by studying, evaluating, and redesigning engagement strategies; establishing engagement metrics; implementing communications and marketing campaigns to increase engagement; and monitoring and analyzing results, adjusting strategies based on what was learned.
- Creates and pursues marketing strategies to acquire new members and achieve annual growth targets.
- Serves as liaison with management and staff in all departments to build a strong membership culture within the organization and work together to implement engagement strategies.
- Manages efforts to raise up to $1.0M in membership contributions and other contributed support annually;
- Manages GMN’s customer service to ensure prompt and courteous resolutions to member inquiries and applications, defining goals, developing trainings, and reviewing policies and procedures to continuously deliver and improve quality member services and customer care programs.
- Monitors, assesses and responds to ongoing interests, needs and expectations of members to increase GMN’s value proposition including making recommendations to add or discontinue benefits as needed.
- Maintains and continuously improves GMN’s association management and engagement tracking systems, ensuring data accuracy and integrity.
- Develops and implements plans to ensure success of GMN’s volunteer program and recognition efforts resulting in a positive and productive experience for volunteers.
- Manages relationships with internal and external stakeholders and funders to help GMN reach its strategic and financial goals.
- Exercises fiscal responsibility to develop departmental and program budgets and control expenditures.
- Communicates on member engagement topics to the membership and the field through social media, blog posts, and other platforms and represents GMN at member and industry events.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws including interviewing, hiring, training, and coaching employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Promote an organizational culture that fosters passion for the mission, cooperation, open and frequent communication, teamwork, and a common organizational vision.
A comprehensive salary and benefits package will be offered commensurate with salary requirements and experience.
GMN is located in Washington, DC near public transportation.
- Must be able to move about the office as well as sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to use the phone and computer, sometimes for prolonged periods.
- Must be able to travel.
This is an open space environment with moderate noise (e.g., colleagues’ conversations, computers, and printers) and light traffic. Telecommuting and non-standard (flex) working hours may be feasible for this position.
Equal opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles of the Grants Managers Network, where employment and promotional opportunities are based on individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation/affectional preference, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected category as established under law.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to John Wilcox at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted December 14, 2016; position remains open until filled.